Lead Front-End Engineer
As Toro’s lead Front-End Engineer, you’ll fully own the architecture and implementation of every user experience in our core product. You don’t like the way our UI looks? Then come in and build it from scratch! In this mission, you’ll lead the effort to deliver an intuitive experience for a demanding technical audience working with dense information. You’ll talk to users to understand and solve the challenges they struggle with. You’ll collaborate with experienced backend engineers to build and continuously refine every user experience.
We need our engineers to be versatile, self-driven, and enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. Our engineering culture values openness, pragmatism, entrepreneurial spirit, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. If you have a strong opinion towards solving hard interface problems for technical users, this job is a good fit for you.
• Leading products from inception to launch, talking to customers, and owning large parts of the execution
• Optimizing applications for scalability and speed
• Designing frameworks and tools that empower other developers
• Distilling complex analytics data into intuitive information for technical users
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• You have been designing and engineering UIs for 5+ years
• Typescript experience strongly preferred
• Great design intuition and user empathy
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
• You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Feeling ready to give 100% to building superpowers for data teams? We’d love to have you apply , even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Here at Toro Data Labs, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.