As Toro’s lead Front-End Engineer, you’ll fully own the architecture and implementation of every user experience in our core product. You don’t like the way our UI looks? Then come in and build it from scratch! In this mission, you’ll lead the effort to deliver an intuitive experience for a demanding technical audience working with dense information. You’ll talk to users to understand and solve the challenges they struggle with. You’ll collaborate with experienced backend engineers to build and continuously refine every user experience.
We need our engineers to be versatile, self-driven, and enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. Our engineering culture values openness, pragmatism, entrepreneurial spirit, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. If you have a strong opinion towards solving hard interface problems for technical users, this job is a good fit for you.
• Leading products from inception to launch, talking to customers, and owning large parts of the execution
• Optimizing applications for scalability and speed
• Designing frameworks and tools that empower other developers
• Distilling complex analytics data into intuitive information for technical users
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• You have been designing and engineering UIs for 5+ years
• Typescript experience strongly preferred
• Great design intuition and user empathy
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
• You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Feeling ready to give 100% to building superpowers for data teams? We’d love to have you apply , even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Here at Toro Data Labs, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
At Toro, our mission is making it a delight to work with data every day.
We built some of the most widely adopted tools at companies like Uber and saw how fast teams move when they have a great data toolchain. Now Toro is building best-of-breed tools for anyone who eats, sleeps, and breathes data: analysts, data scientists, and data engineers around the world.
As Toro Data Labs’ Lead Product Designer, you’ll fully own the experience for a demanding technical audience working with multidimensional data across all our products and features. We are passionate about design and committed to delivering a world-class product experience for our customers. We see design as a strategic advantage as we help businesses manage and deliver scalable data, and you would set the standard across everything we do.
What you’ll do:
• Oversee design projects end-to-end from product ideation, to research and execution for both new and existing products
• Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something concrete and actionable
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the executive team – including our product, brand and marketing
• Partner closely with the team to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
• Prioritize and execute new projects based on company goals and business objectives
• 5+ years experience in high-quality software product design
• Experience working with data tools is highly desirable
• Worked on product design end-to-end for successful products
• Passionate about building software users love with technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
• Experience with and affinity for complex product architectures
• An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with all levels of the organization
• Organized and consistently advocates for design methodologies and processes
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an ownership mentality
• Balances optimization for speed with quality, and taking risks
• Pluses: SaaS background, technical expertise, and start-up experience
Feeling ready to give 100% to building superpowers for data teams? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Here at Toro Data Labs, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.